Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Last Day


Okay. This is it   We head home tomorrow the day in Cusco is packed although we don’t start until 9am. First stop a walk to the monastery.  We had been there before but I didn’t remember until we were almost done.  Next the cathedral. Patty and I took a gander.  We decided to op for shopping instead of another church   Much more fun.  

Next stop was Sacsayhuamán just above Cusco.  Large stones and a monumental undertaking of the Incas    Afterward we returned to the hotel with free time for 2 hours.  I am glad we had a January trip or I would have felt cheated.  The other sites are nearby and tell important stories.  It does open up the possibility of going to the market.  I ask for a map and get directions. The street is a Y Dan thinks we should take the upper road. None of the streets are on the map. So to google maps we go for directions.   It seems to take a while to walk the .6 miles that is for sure.  Eventually we arrive at the market. It it as crazy as I remember.   It is a marathon shopping experience since we have to walk back without getting lost, finish packing and bags out.  I will do a nurse thing since since one of our members who was going on to Lake Titicaca only had 2 more altitude medication pills left and went to the pharmacy. 

So with all that planning if we had stopped at some of the stores on the way to the market by going the correct route we would have avoided the market since I saw all the same things and had time for lunch at the JW.  We really wanted some of the garlic shrimp.  Oh well, maybe next time. 

Everything done we had some cookies and Coke Zero for lunch just before getting on the plane. 

I haven’t mentioned the weather.  When we left San Diego it looked like 50-90% every day for most hours. Well the only rain that affected us was when we were getting onto the bus to leave Cusco for the airport and then we had 5 minutes that actually had hail although it did not feel cold outside. Do even though we expected rain the sun shone brightly making for a great trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment