Well our trip to spend the day at Lago Lindo was cancelled. We are thinking that the resort is so quite with no tours and to spend the day would be an expense when just Dan and I and a guide and driver. There are only about 30 people here today. As it turns out this was the best of all things to happen. Both Dan and I have some sort of GI disturbance. I blame the malaria medication he blames all the fruit juices we have had. The other thing is we can actually see what breakfast is like at the hotel. I will finish my book a dip in the pool and I will just have water for dinner and Dan will order some type of chicken at the bar.
Our regular bartender had the afternoon off. We also found out yesterday how to get extra towels for the pool since our room only had the 2 towels to use for showers and heaven forbid you want to shower twice. The towels do not dry with the humidity. You ask the bartender for towels and he has them under the counter. Dan actually manage to get us towels for the pool. Pretty good for someone who doesn’t speak and Spanish.
So we sit at the bar. No need to tell anyone our room number since we are the only anglos in the resort. Dan orders what we think is grilled chicken. At least the other 2 times we ordered the same thing we seemed to get grilled chicken. No need for sides since we figured out staying at the resort is like a cruise ship. All you do is eat. The bartender returns with a dish of grilled and spiced clean out the refrigerator. We ask “chicken”? After a few minutes he says he brought out a typical Peruvian dish for Dan to try. It is translated as dried beef. A mix of beef pork chicken and chorizo. Dried kind of like jerky. Dan is working his way through the dish and out comes the chicken fried not grilled. We tell the bartender give it to the staff no way are we going to further over eat.
The staff eat the chicken the hotel is quiet not sure if some of the other guests went into town for dinner or brought food to fix something in the room. We seem to be the only people who eat in the dining room. Back to the room for us a little after 9pm. Tomorrow we leave the resort. Dan will be happy to get back to bed sharing. I will post some photos of the resort. I do feel bad we didn’t get to explore the grounds more. I really wanted to try out a bike and this was as safe as it is going to get. The resort is gated so only those authorized can enter and leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment