Well the internet is so slow that there is no ways photos will upload or download or whatever they do. So I will entertain you with some of my thoughts. When packing for any trip I always pack my curlers. My hair is so straight I have to do something. I was advised by a friend just forget it and put it in a ponytail. Well I packed them anyway. Our first days after the hike I was drenched with sweat any curl was long gone. The humidity here and the heat makes any hair plan a joke. So I guess she was right afterall.
We brought insect repellent because the first part of this trip we are in the jungle and there is malaria present. We smell of insect repellent and refresh the scent several times a day. Now the caveat, when we landed in Iquitos and checked into the doubletree hotel that was truly up scale I didn’t spray. We weren’t going outside until the next day. Lo and behold I woke up with no fewer than 6 bites. They are driving me crazy. We have stepped up using the bug spray I will be glad to get to Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu. Don’t know if I will get the smell out of my skin or clothes
No comments:
Post a Comment