Okay to we flew to Iquitos. This is the starting point to the Amazon excursion. On arrival I am immediately hustled by the cab driver and like the good tourist agreed. Probably should have bargained more. The trip from the airport was like being back in Vietnam with all the motorcycles and motorkarts not to mention buses and trucks. Traffic is crazy and so are the drivers. Iquitos is a large city but buildings and businesses from the airport appear 4th world.
I have booked a doubletree hotel across from the main square and it is beautiful and the nicest hotel we have seen in the city. Service is important a full restaurant and bar gym and pool. The prices are probably high compared with other hotel but Dan and I are getting to be high maintenance travelers and appreciate the up scale. We are across from the main square and it is quite beautiful. I wanted to walk down to the river but Dan has decided we should just appreciate our surroundings tonight and tomorrow morning will be soon enough to explore before we meet our Amazon guides. I am going to post a few photos
No comments:
Post a Comment